Greenergy Holdings, Inc. (GREEN, the Company) has wonderful business developments that are potentially capable of bringing substantial future cash flow for the Company. The recent approval of feed-in tariff rates by the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) lowers the riskiness of renewable energy businesses in the future.  Feed-in tariff rates are fixed rates payable to renewable energy producers for not less than 12 years. Also, renewable energy producers will have priority purchase and transmission which assures the sale of their produced electricity. 
GREEN’s disclosure on November 16, 2012 contains the following: 
- Investment in companies or acquisition of assets relating to the businesses of Mr. Antonio L. Tiu.
- Amendments of the Company’s Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws to effect the following changes:
- Change in corporate name
- Increase in authorized capital stock up to P10 billion
- Issuance of shares through private placement transaction.
GREEN is in need of capital for their renewable projects. The Company has a short-term investment commitment of P252 million for the biomass project with Cleantech.  GREEN managed to meet the 45-day deadline of the required capital infusion by issuing new 25.2 billion shares and had 25% of the increase in shares issued to investors as private placement. For those new in corporate law, an increase in shares is required to be 25% subscribed and at least 25% of the subscribed be fully paid.
As illustrated above, GREEN still has to raise P167 million (P252m – P85m) in order to comply with commitment with Cleantech.
Other than commitment with Cleantech, GREEN has another upcoming capital intensive projects that are not yet fully funded which are the hydropower projects, currently under a preliminary agreement with Hydroring Capital BV (HC) and subject to financial and technical feasibility. The joint venture agreement is scheduled to be signed until January 13, 2013. 
With GREEN’s business development, it could be expected that GREEN will raise capital through the market in the near future but not before increasing shareholder value.
It could then be expected that GREEN may do the following:
- Change in corporate name.
- Increase in authorized capital stock to P10 billion.
- Acquisition of companies owned by Mr. Antonio Tiu through issuance of shares.
- Declare as property dividend their 39% interest in Music Semiconductors Philippines, Inc. (MSPI).
- Declaration of follow-on offering.
Rationale of the expectations:
- The change in name will properly reflect GREEN’s new businesses.
- Increase in authorized capital stock will provide GREEN more shares for issuance.
- Issuance of GREEN shares to acquire businesses relating to Mr. Antonio L. Tiu will allow GREEN to obtain control without any cash outlay. The issuance of shares will potentially wipe out the deficit of GREEN which stands at 284 million as of September 2012 and increase the assets of GREEN making it more attractive for investors.
- Distribution of MSPI shares as property dividend will increase shareholder value.**
- The follow-on offering will enable GREEN to raise the much needed cash.
GREEN’s par value could reasonably be expected to be increased from its current P.01 since an authorized capital stock of P10 billion at P.01 par value will translate to 1 trillion shares. There are no regulatory limitations for the number of authorized shares for issuance but 1 trillion shares for issuance sounds awkward in my opinion.
** This expectation was supported in the recent definitive information statement of the company where GREEN includes in the agenda for December 11, 2012 stockholders meeting their intention to list MSPI. Listing of MSPI will most likely be through “listing by way of introduction” which requires distributing the shares to the public through property dividend just as PX and MER did with PXP and ROCK respectively.
- ERC Approves Feed-in Tariff rates, http://www.erc.gov.ph/PressRelease/ViewPressRelease/ERC-Approves-Feed-in-tariff-rates
- RA 9513, http://www.doe.gov.ph/Laws%20and%20Issuances/RA%209513.pdf
- Board approval of investment or acquisition of assets, amendments to Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws, issuance of shares through private placement; Lifting of trading suspension, http://www.pse.com.ph/resource/disclosures/2012/pdf/dc2012-8302_GREEN.pdf
- Comprehensive Corporate Disclosure re: Investment Agreement with Cleantech; Trading halt, http://www.pse.com.ph/resource/disclosures/2012/pdf/dc2012-6341_GREEN.pdf
- Preliminary agreement with Hydroring Capital BV re: development operation and management of multiple hydropower projects, infrastructures and/or facilities in the Philippines, http://www.pse.com.ph/resource/disclosures/2012/pdf/dc2012-6703_GREEN.pdf
- Definitive Information Statement for Annual Stockholder’ Meeting on December 11, 2012, record date November 16, 2012, http://www.pse.com.ph/resource/corpt/2012/GREEN_D20IS_11202012.pdf
Disclaimer: I do not claim to be an expert and nothing I say should be taken as a recommendation to buy or sell.